Monday, March 8, 2010

Happy March,
Sorry for the delay for those who are following this blog.

I will from now on update this at the first of each month at the least.

Recovery from the transplant is going well, I still go back to Grand Rapids once every two weeks, sometimes every week recently. My creatinine has a record low of 1.7 last week. The trouble is my white blood cell count is currently at 1. (white blood cell count at 1 means I have no immune system, I am very high risk to catch a cold or virus, and if I do it will knock me out big time, hospitalize type stuff. The average cold someone gets that takes them out for a day or three will hospitalize me for a week to 10 days and could be worse.) They have changed some meds recently trying to combat that. I'm close to putting the mask back on. Mainly I have been told not to frequent crowds. So when at the ski lodge I go in and out if I need to go in for some reason. At church I come in late (when people are already seated) go to the front and after I wait until they file out and then sneak out behind the alter! I have just started back to church last week.

The Doctor asked me a few weeks ago is he was letting me ski yet, I said, No. And then he asked me a few questions about my body and he then walked away to go do his rounds at the hospital. So later with the other Nephrologist, I asked him the same question and he said I can get on my ski's to teach and coach or just move around the hill to watch Lili, but NO FAST SKIING! So that is where I am at ski wise.
As far as work they have asked me not to work construction until I get cleared probably this summer.
Kelli has been working a lot, I have been busy keeping up with Lili's ski schedule. Between running her to training or to races it has been busy. Kelli has work with her day job, plus she is coaching for Leelanau ski club and helping at the race dept. at Crystal Mt.
Besides Lili racing every weekend, she went to age class championships in Marquette two weeks ago and raced against kids from 6 or so states around the midwest. She did respectably. Some top ten finishes, with an overall average of 12th out of 60 kids. There were 9 races. 3 big G, 3 GS and 3 Slalom. She now has qualified for the Junior Olympics to be held in Winterpark, Colorado, which without working the last 4 months really is not in our budget. Oh well.
So that is my excuse for not keeping up on my blog.
Weather is great in Mi. right now, Welcome spring type weather.
See you next entry.
God Bless,
Bruce

No comments:

Post a Comment