Thursday, December 3, 2009

Back in the Hospital 12/3/09 - Update from Bruce


Yesterday I came down to Grand Rapids Wege clinic (transplant center) and when I had the blood drawn the creatinine was at 6.1, as of Monday it was 5.9 and this concerned the Dr. They would like it to be around 1 to 4. This morning when I had my blood drawn it was 6.1 again. Also my uric Acid was real high which would explain why I couldn't walk on Tuesday (due to a gout attack). My potassium is also high so he asked if I would be admitted to put me on sodium bicarbonate drip and a ton of fluids for 24 hours to get these numbers down faster, I said sure. So, I'm hospitalized. They did a biopsy on the new kidney yesterday to rule out any rejection issues, it may have been I did not take in enough fluids when I was home. The Dr. thinks we will probably see in tomorrows blood work that the creatinine has peaked and is on it's way down and this is what we want and it is what Dr. Boelkins expects. The preliminary biopsy results won't be back until this afternoon and the final results of the biopsy get sent to Mayo Clinic in MN. and we will get those early next week.

Kelli has been tirelessly by my side and going above and beyond to try to keep our lives as normal as possible. I couldn't survive this mess without her and thank God that she's in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment